The same type of girl, or a slight variation thereof, appears in each of the below videos. I think of her as “Arty Loner Girl”.
Arty Loner Girl has a number of identifiers:
- Invariably has long brown hair
- Spends a lot of time walking around, seemingly aimlessly, often in forests
- Often has a pet dog
- Likes natural fabrics and hippie styles, wears a lot of black
- Very serious, brooding, exudes sensitivity
- Rarely, if ever, interacts with other humans
She personifies something in our current culture, appearing as an unintentional emblem, a symbol… but of what? A certain type of angst? A searching restlessness? An introspective remove from the modern world?
Julia Holter – “Feel You”:
Siv Jakobsen – “How We Used to Love”:
Jennifer Castle- “Nature”:
Meg Baird- “The Finder”:
Rachel Sermanni- “The Fog”:
4 Comments Add yours
This is great, interesting theme and nice collection.
All those trees must make them depressed or something ;).
Ha! Yes, I originally thought of her as Depressed Loner Girl, but then felt maybe I was being too judgmental….